Helping Others Through Social Media | Community Spirit
A Twin Cities organization is using social media to lend a helping hand.
This is the concept that motivated Twin Cities’ musician and event producer, Mick Sterling, to create the 30-Days Foundation. Inspired by stories of financial struggles from his friends, family, and even himself, Sterling decided to find a solution to these everyday hardships.
This Twin Cities based national organization allows people to apply for a one-time financial grant through a confidential online application process. Anyone can apply for a grant, worth up to $1,500, by making a request on the website. Provide one personal or professional reference to verify your story. If the funds are available and the content fits the guidelines, the 30-Days Foundation will do all it can to assist you.
This weekend, the 30-Days Foundation is reaching out to people in need by launching an online, social media event called 30 for 30 to raise money and awareness of their grant program.
On Friday, September 30th at 6 a.m., people are asked to donate $30 over a 30-hour period via the Internet. Their goal is for not only for 30-Days followers to contribute, but for them to reach out using social media to get their friends and family to donate too. The event will continue for 30 hours, ending on Saturday, October 1st at noon.
For more information or to donate check out the 30-Days Foundation’s website.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Police Respond to Criticism over Skyway Arrest Caught on Video
- Minnesota State Fair Enters Final Weekend
- St. Paul Police: Suspect Threw Rocks, Refused to Back Away from Officers
- Public Memorial Held for Victim of Arden Hills Gas Station Shooting
- St. Paul Saints Play Final Game at St. Paul Midway Stadium
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities