Dakota County Sheriff Launches Citizen Academy | Community Spirit
The Dakota County Sheriff's Office will launch an eight-week Citizen Academy, starting Thursday, March 1st. The academy will help local citizens learn about the training and issues facing law enforcement officers throughout the county.
During the eight-week course, participants will take place in a variety of workshops, including a history of the Sheriff's Office, use of force, traffic stops, the DWI arrest process, SWAT team traning, a taser demonstration, crime scene processing, and an overview of the Dakota County Jail.
The academy will be held on eight consecutive Thursdays, starting March 1 and ending April 19. Each session will run from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. Training locations will vary.
If you are interested in attending the Citizen Academy or have questions about the program, contact Captain Jim Rogers at 651-438-4721 or email@example.com.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Meeting Reviews Surveillance Footage of St. Paul Skyway Arrest
- Around 2,000 Items Turned in Every Year to State Fair's Lost and Found
- With Records Set, 2014 Minnesota State Fair Comes to a Close
- Woman Hit, Killed by Green Line Train in St. Paul
- St. Paul Police Sources: City Employees Tied to Gangs Disrupt Work
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities