Dakota County Sheriff Launches Citizen Academy | Community Spirit
The Dakota County Sheriff's Office will launch an eight-week Citizen Academy, starting Thursday, March 1st. The academy will help local citizens learn about the training and issues facing law enforcement officers throughout the county.
During the eight-week course, participants will take place in a variety of workshops, including a history of the Sheriff's Office, use of force, traffic stops, the DWI arrest process, SWAT team traning, a taser demonstration, crime scene processing, and an overview of the Dakota County Jail.
The academy will be held on eight consecutive Thursdays, starting March 1 and ending April 19. Each session will run from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. Training locations will vary.
If you are interested in attending the Citizen Academy or have questions about the program, contact Captain Jim Rogers at 651-438-4721 or email@example.com.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Lafayette Bridge Construction to Close Sections of I-94 This Weekend
- Wild Playoff Games Equal Big Business Along West 7th Street
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'