Dakota County Sheriff Launches Citizen Academy | Community Spirit
The Dakota County Sheriff's Office will launch an eight-week Citizen Academy, starting Thursday, March 1st. The academy will help local citizens learn about the training and issues facing law enforcement officers throughout the county.
During the eight-week course, participants will take place in a variety of workshops, including a history of the Sheriff's Office, use of force, traffic stops, the DWI arrest process, SWAT team traning, a taser demonstration, crime scene processing, and an overview of the Dakota County Jail.
The academy will be held on eight consecutive Thursdays, starting March 1 and ending April 19. Each session will run from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. Training locations will vary.
If you are interested in attending the Citizen Academy or have questions about the program, contact Captain Jim Rogers at 651-438-4721 or email@example.com.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Crews to Work Longer Days on Lowertown Ballpark
- Let's Play Hockey Expo at St. Paul's RiverCentre
- Portion of I-35E in St. Paul to Close for Bridge Removal, MnPASS Project
- Expect Delays on I-35E in St. Paul, Maplewood with Left Lane Closures in March
- St. Paul Elem. School Temporarily Shuts Down after Student Discovered with Dummy Grenade
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences