Citizen Earns Columbia Heights Citizen’s Award of Commendation | Community Spirit
A citizen was honored by the Columbia Heights Police Department Wednesday for reporting suspicious behavior that led to an arrest.
Police say Timothy Wiles reported seeing a man dressed in dark clothing riding around on a bicycle around 4 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2012. Officers found the suspect, who they say was in the process of stealing a catalytic converter from a vehicle.
For his willingness to get involved, Wiles was given the CHPD Citizen’s Award of Commendation.
Photo courtesy of the Columbia Heights Police Department
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- United Way Reminds Minnesotans to Use 2-1-1
- Chanhassen Approves Ordinance to Reduce Sex Trafficking at Massage Businesses
- Holiday Shoppers in West Suburbs can Take Public Transportation to MOA
- Minnesota-based 3D Printer Giants Gear Up for Patent Battle
- Carver County Kicks Off Program Aimed at Helping its Veterans
- Pizzeria to Open in WBL Thanks to Efforts of Kowalski's Founder
- Zoning Laws Changing in St. Paul, Will Help Microbreweries Grow
- Officials Expected to Unveil Design, Timeline for New Lowertown Ballpark Thursday
- St. Paul Residents Navigate Snowy Neighborhood Streets
- St. Paul Expected to Ease Restrictions on Neighborhood Brew Pubs