Citizen Earns Columbia Heights Citizen’s Award of Commendation | Community Spirit
A citizen was honored by the Columbia Heights Police Department Wednesday for reporting suspicious behavior that led to an arrest.
Police say Timothy Wiles reported seeing a man dressed in dark clothing riding around on a bicycle around 4 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2012. Officers found the suspect, who they say was in the process of stealing a catalytic converter from a vehicle.
For his willingness to get involved, Wiles was given the CHPD Citizen’s Award of Commendation.
Photo courtesy of the Columbia Heights Police Department
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand