Citizen Earns Columbia Heights Citizen’s Award of Commendation | Community Spirit
A citizen was honored by the Columbia Heights Police Department Wednesday for reporting suspicious behavior that led to an arrest.
Police say Timothy Wiles reported seeing a man dressed in dark clothing riding around on a bicycle around 4 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2012. Officers found the suspect, who they say was in the process of stealing a catalytic converter from a vehicle.
For his willingness to get involved, Wiles was given the CHPD Citizen’s Award of Commendation.
Photo courtesy of the Columbia Heights Police Department
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Forum at Hamline University to Discuss Male Behaviors and Violence
- St. Paul Students Head Back to School on Propane-Powered Buses
- Meeting Reviews Surveillance Footage of St. Paul Skyway Arrest
- Around 2,000 Items Turned in Every Year to State Fair's Lost and Found
- With Records Set, 2014 Minnesota State Fair Comes to a Close
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities