Citizen Earns Columbia Heights Citizen’s Award of Commendation | Community Spirit
A citizen was honored by the Columbia Heights Police Department Wednesday for reporting suspicious behavior that led to an arrest.
Police say Timothy Wiles reported seeing a man dressed in dark clothing riding around on a bicycle around 4 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2012. Officers found the suspect, who they say was in the process of stealing a catalytic converter from a vehicle.
For his willingness to get involved, Wiles was given the CHPD Citizen’s Award of Commendation.
Photo courtesy of the Columbia Heights Police Department
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences