400 Pounds of Marijuana Found in Dakota Co. Home | Crime
Four people have been charged in connection with one of the largest marijuana busts in Dakota County history, authorities say.
Members of the Dakota County Drug Task Force found nearly 400 pounds of marijuana at the home of 42-year-old Scott Cunningham of Inver Grove Heights. Its street value is estimated at more than $1 million, according to the Dakota County Attorney's Office.
Cunningham and three others, 52-year-old Brian Speldrick, 28-year-old Holly Swenson of Rosemount, and 41-year-old Jerilyn Reis of Kiester, have each been charged with two first-degree controlled substance crimes.
Three of the suspects appeared in court Friday; a warrant has been issued for Reis' arrest.
County Attorney James Backstrom says the marijuana seizure is one of the largest in the county's history. Last year the drug task force seized around 47 pounds of marijuana for the entire year.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Protesters Call for Peace in St. Paul after Woman's Death
- St. Paul Mayor Calls for Public Discussion on Budget Gap
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Woman Killed in St. Paul Motor Scooter Crash was Local Singer
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand