Hastings Police Fight Drug Crimes | Crime
The Hastings Police Department is starting a new push to combat drugs in the community.
An 18-year-old high school senior was found dead in his Hastings home on March 17th. The Dakota County Medical Examiner determined he died due to heroin and alcohol use.
Now investigators are focusing on where he got the drugs and alcohol.
Mayor Paul Hicks has now directed the Hastings Police Department to develop and implement a strategy to aggressively combat drug related offenses and underage alcohol consumption in the city.
HPD says they have now reassigned one full-time general duty investigator to work exclusively on gathering and developing drug related criminal intelligence.
If you have concerns or information about drug activity in Hastings, contact the Hastings Police Department. You can also provide anonymous tips by texting the word HASTINGS and the information to 847411 (TIP-411) or leave a tip on the police department’s web site at http://www.ci.hastings.mn.us/Police/PDNews.htm.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Saints Play Final Game at St. Paul Midway Stadium
- Minnesota State Fair Enters Final Weekend
- St. Paul Police: Suspect Threw Rocks, Refused to Back Away from Officers
- Public Memorial Held for Victim of Arden Hills Gas Station Shooting
- Final Suspect Arrested in June Roseville Pawn America Robbery, Shooting
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities