2 Dead in Apparent Murder-Suicide Outside Metro Apartments | Crime
Two people are dead after an apparent murder-suicide outside an Apple Valley apartment complex Saturday morning.
Apple Valley police found a man and a woman lying in the parking lot of South Cedar Knolls Apartments after officers were called to the 12700 block of Germane Avenue around 8:40 a.m. on a report of multiple gunshots.
The man and the woman, both age 41, died at the scene.
Police say the pair was in a long-term relationship and had two children, who lived with the woman at the apartment complex. They believe the man, who lived elsewhere in Dakota County, shot and killed the woman before killing himself.
Police found a weapon adjacent to the bodies. They say the public is not in danger.
An investigation is underway by the Apple Valley Police Department and the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Meeting Reviews Surveillance Footage of St. Paul Skyway Arrest
- Around 2,000 Items Turned in Every Year to State Fair's Lost and Found
- With Records Set, 2014 Minnesota State Fair Comes to a Close
- Woman Hit, Killed by Green Line Train in St. Paul
- St. Paul Police Sources: City Employees Tied to Gangs Disrupt Work
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities