Meetings Discuss Superfund Community Advisory Group in Fridley | Environment
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is hosting two informational meetings to talk about forming a Community Advisory Group in Fridley that will address concerns about the five Superfund sites.
The group will offer a public forum for residents to discuss concerns about the Superfund decision-making process. The group also helps the Environmental Protection Agency make decisions on how to clean up sites.
The informational meetings take place from 1-3 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 30, at the Fridley Community Center. Members of the CAG will serve two-year terms on a voluntary basis.
In addition to forming the Community Advisory Group, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has launched a website with pertinent information.
The website includes information about each site, how to join the Community Advisory Group, and how to sign up to be interviewed. To visit the Superfund information website, click here.
For more information about the meetings, call 1-800-621-8431 ext. 66148.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Lafayette Bridge Construction to Close Sections of I-94 This Weekend
- Wild Playoff Games Equal Big Business Along West 7th Street
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'