DNR: Fish House Removal Day Coming Soon | Environment
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has a warning for all fish house owners: fish houses must be taken off the ice of inland waters no later than midnight on March 7th in the southern two-thirds of the state and March 21st in the northern third.
The DNR says all dark houses, fish houses and portables must be of the ice by the March 7th and March 21st deadline.
March 7th removal area includes:
- Minnesota-North Dakota border near Moorhead along U.S. Highway 10
- East along highway 34 to Minnesota Highway 200
- East along Highway 200 to U.S. Highway 2
- East along Highway 2 to the Minnesota-Wisconsin border near Duluth
March 21st removal area includes:
- Applies to waters north of the above locations.
Shelter removal deadlines for border waters:
- Minnesota-Iowa: Feb. 20th
- Minnesota-Wisconsin: March 1st
- Minnesota-North Dakota and South Dakota: March 5th
- Minnesota-Canada: March 31st
The DNR recommends anglers remove shelters earlier if ice conditions warrant.
Conservation officers may remove the structure and confiscate or destroy it, according to the DNR.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Teen Describes Rescuing Neighbors from Burning St. Paul House
- Roseville Pawn America Employee Shot During Armed Robbery
- St. Paul Schools Conducting Internal Investigation after Asst. Elem. Principal Charged
- St. Paul Woman Found Dead with Gunshot Wound Identified, 1 Arrested
- Family Faces Homelessness after Duped out of Money, Apartment
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand