DNR: Fish House Removal Day Coming Soon | Environment
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has a warning for all fish house owners: fish houses must be taken off the ice of inland waters no later than midnight on March 7th in the southern two-thirds of the state and March 21st in the northern third.
The DNR says all dark houses, fish houses and portables must be of the ice by the March 7th and March 21st deadline.
March 7th removal area includes:
- Minnesota-North Dakota border near Moorhead along U.S. Highway 10
- East along highway 34 to Minnesota Highway 200
- East along Highway 200 to U.S. Highway 2
- East along Highway 2 to the Minnesota-Wisconsin border near Duluth
March 21st removal area includes:
- Applies to waters north of the above locations.
Shelter removal deadlines for border waters:
- Minnesota-Iowa: Feb. 20th
- Minnesota-Wisconsin: March 1st
- Minnesota-North Dakota and South Dakota: March 5th
- Minnesota-Canada: March 31st
The DNR recommends anglers remove shelters earlier if ice conditions warrant.
Conservation officers may remove the structure and confiscate or destroy it, according to the DNR.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences