Suspicious Object Found at Anoka County Airport | News
An object that looked similar to a pipe bomb was found in a wooded area to the west of the Anoka County Airport Tuesday afternoon.
Patrick Hogan with Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport says the bomb squad was called in, and police are investigating, but there were no explosives found in the object.
The object was not near a gate, runway, or any buildings at the airport. Additional details have not been released.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand