Suspicious Object Found at Anoka County Airport | News
An object that looked similar to a pipe bomb was found in a wooded area to the west of the Anoka County Airport Tuesday afternoon.
Patrick Hogan with Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport says the bomb squad was called in, and police are investigating, but there were no explosives found in the object.
The object was not near a gate, runway, or any buildings at the airport. Additional details have not been released.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- St. Paul Schools to Get 65 Propane-Powered Buses
- Coleman Hosts Public Meetings in St. Paul to Address $9.6M Budget Gap
- Report: Minnesota Ranks High for Well-Being of Kids; Improvement Needed
- Coleman Outlines Plans to Help Marketing of Former Ford Assembly Site
- Larpenteur Ave. Bridge Expected to Reopen to Traffic Wednesday
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand