Saturday is Passport Day in the USA | News
If you're thinking about traveling out of the country but don't have a U.S. passport yet, you'll have a chance to learn about travel requirements for U.S. citizens and apply for a passport Saturday during Passport Day in the USA.
Dakota County is taking part in the national passport acceptance and outreach event from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Western Service Center in Apple Valley.
Anyone wanting to apply for a passport must bring a driver's license, certified birth certificate and payment. A check or money order is required for State Department fees, while county fees can be paid by check, money order or cash.
For more information about passports, visit the passport page, on the county's website.
The Minneapolis Passport Agency - which is the headquarters for the Minnesota/North Dakota/South Dakota region - will also be open Saturday. Between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. they'll be accepting both routine and expedited applications. No appointment is necessary. A naturalization ceremony is also planned to take place in the lobby to commence Passport Day.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cast of 'The Wizard of Oz' Helps Build Homes for Minnesotans
- Holiday Greeting: Petty Officer 2nd Class Stephanie Heu
- Holiday Greeting: Petty Officer 3rd Class Chong Vue
- St. Paul Police to Host Notification Meeting for Relocation of Predatory Offender
- St. Paul Makes Changes after Residents Complain about Slippery Roads