Saturday is Passport Day in the USA | News
If you're thinking about traveling out of the country but don't have a U.S. passport yet, you'll have a chance to learn about travel requirements for U.S. citizens and apply for a passport Saturday during Passport Day in the USA.
Dakota County is taking part in the national passport acceptance and outreach event from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Western Service Center in Apple Valley.
Anyone wanting to apply for a passport must bring a driver's license, certified birth certificate and payment. A check or money order is required for State Department fees, while county fees can be paid by check, money order or cash.
For more information about passports, visit the passport page, on the county's website.
The Minneapolis Passport Agency - which is the headquarters for the Minnesota/North Dakota/South Dakota region - will also be open Saturday. Between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. they'll be accepting both routine and expedited applications. No appointment is necessary. A naturalization ceremony is also planned to take place in the lobby to commence Passport Day.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand