Saturday is Passport Day in the USA | News
If you're thinking about traveling out of the country but don't have a U.S. passport yet, you'll have a chance to learn about travel requirements for U.S. citizens and apply for a passport Saturday during Passport Day in the USA.
Dakota County is taking part in the national passport acceptance and outreach event from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Western Service Center in Apple Valley.
Anyone wanting to apply for a passport must bring a driver's license, certified birth certificate and payment. A check or money order is required for State Department fees, while county fees can be paid by check, money order or cash.
For more information about passports, visit the passport page, on the county's website.
The Minneapolis Passport Agency - which is the headquarters for the Minnesota/North Dakota/South Dakota region - will also be open Saturday. Between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. they'll be accepting both routine and expedited applications. No appointment is necessary. A naturalization ceremony is also planned to take place in the lobby to commence Passport Day.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public Memorial Held for Victim of Arden Hills Gas Station Shooting
- St. Paul Saints Play Final Game at St. Paul Midway Stadium
- Final Suspect Arrested in June Roseville Pawn America Robbery, Shooting
- Lane Closures Thursday Night on I-35E in St. Paul
- Police: Suspect Threw Rocks, Refused to Back Away from Officers
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities