Police: Man Stole $25K Worth of Tide from West St. Paul Walmart | News
A South St. Paul man has pled guilty to repeatedly stealing bottles of Tide from a West St. Paul Walmart.
56-year-old Patrick Costanzo was caught after the store noticed they were missing tens of thousands of dollars worth of detergent.
Their surveillance cameras caught him coming in more than two dozen times. Police say he admitted to even more thefts over a 15 month period.
The thefts ended in February when store security stopped him.
Police say there have been reports of Tide thefts nationwide. They say that's likely because it's a commonly used item that often sells for more than ten dollars. Thieves realize they can sell them for less on the street.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'