Police: Man Stole $25K Worth of Tide from West St. Paul Walmart | News
A South St. Paul man has pled guilty to repeatedly stealing bottles of Tide from a West St. Paul Walmart.
56-year-old Patrick Costanzo was caught after the store noticed they were missing tens of thousands of dollars worth of detergent.
Their surveillance cameras caught him coming in more than two dozen times. Police say he admitted to even more thefts over a 15 month period.
The thefts ended in February when store security stopped him.
Police say there have been reports of Tide thefts nationwide. They say that's likely because it's a commonly used item that often sells for more than ten dollars. Thieves realize they can sell them for less on the street.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Minnesota Car Fans to Honor 'Fast and Furious' Actor Paul Walker
- United Way Reminds Minnesotans to Use 2-1-1
- Chanhassen Approves Ordinance to Reduce Sex Trafficking at Massage Businesses
- Holiday Shoppers in West Suburbs can Take Public Transportation to MOA
- Minnesota-based 3D Printer Giants Gear Up for Patent Battle