Police: Man Stole $25K Worth of Tide from West St. Paul Walmart | News
A South St. Paul man has pled guilty to repeatedly stealing bottles of Tide from a West St. Paul Walmart.
56-year-old Patrick Costanzo was caught after the store noticed they were missing tens of thousands of dollars worth of detergent.
Their surveillance cameras caught him coming in more than two dozen times. Police say he admitted to even more thefts over a 15 month period.
The thefts ended in February when store security stopped him.
Police say there have been reports of Tide thefts nationwide. They say that's likely because it's a commonly used item that often sells for more than ten dollars. Thieves realize they can sell them for less on the street.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand