Emmy Student Television Awards for Excellence Receipients | News
The Upper Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences handed out the Student Television Awards for Excellence at a packed ceremony at Theatres at Mall of America Sunday.
Apple Valley High School student broadcasters received the most awards, earning five crystal pillars. The student newscast Eagleye won for best newscast, and a student story called “Comeback Syd” won for general assignment news story. Lakeville South High School, Eastview High School and Bemidji High School each took home two awards. The entire list including links to the winning entries is online. http://midwestemmys.org/20120401/2012-high-school-student-television-awards-recipients/
For the college division of the awards, St. Cloud State University led the group with three wins, including best newscast for their college program, UTVS. Bethany Lutheran College in Mankato also had three winners, including live sports event broadcast and public affairs/community service.
The college award winners also have their entries online. http://midwestemmys.org/20120401/2012-college-student-television-awards-recipients/ According to NATAS-Upper Midwest Executive Director John Murray, the chapter received more than 100 entries from 20 different high schools and colleges/universities from across the upper Midwest. FOX Sports North Anchor Anthony LaPanta hosted the awards. KSTP's Amanda Theisen was one of the presenters. Entries are judged by broadcast professionals, and are judged against a standard of excellence. The Upper Midwest Chapter represents television stations and video journalists in Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Iowa, and Wisconsin.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
See more local events
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- United Way Reminds Minnesotans to Use 2-1-1
- Chanhassen Approves Ordinance to Reduce Sex Trafficking at Massage Businesses
- Holiday Shoppers in West Suburbs can Take Public Transportation to MOA
- Minnesota-based 3D Printer Giants Gear Up for Patent Battle
- Carver County Kicks Off Program Aimed at Helping its Veterans
- St. Paul Ice Fishing and Winter Sports Show Now Open
- St. Paul Man Charged with Attempted Murder, Assault After Hitting a Girl with Bullet Intended for Former Gang Member
- Winter Carnival Committee to Unveil Buttons Saturday at Dixie's on Grand
- 'Veterans Court Track' Launches for Ramsey County Offenders
- Thousands Expected to Attend Huge Ice Fishing Show in St. Paul