Emmy Student Television Awards for Excellence Receipients | News
The Upper Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences handed out the Student Television Awards for Excellence at a packed ceremony at Theatres at Mall of America Sunday.
Apple Valley High School student broadcasters received the most awards, earning five crystal pillars. The student newscast Eagleye won for best newscast, and a student story called “Comeback Syd” won for general assignment news story. Lakeville South High School, Eastview High School and Bemidji High School each took home two awards. The entire list including links to the winning entries is online. http://midwestemmys.org/20120401/2012-high-school-student-television-awards-recipients/
For the college division of the awards, St. Cloud State University led the group with three wins, including best newscast for their college program, UTVS. Bethany Lutheran College in Mankato also had three winners, including live sports event broadcast and public affairs/community service.
The college award winners also have their entries online. http://midwestemmys.org/20120401/2012-college-student-television-awards-recipients/ According to NATAS-Upper Midwest Executive Director John Murray, the chapter received more than 100 entries from 20 different high schools and colleges/universities from across the upper Midwest. FOX Sports North Anchor Anthony LaPanta hosted the awards. KSTP's Amanda Theisen was one of the presenters. Entries are judged by broadcast professionals, and are judged against a standard of excellence. The Upper Midwest Chapter represents television stations and video journalists in Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Iowa, and Wisconsin.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Coleman Hosts Public Meetings in St. Paul to Address $9.6M Budget Gap
- Report: Minnesota Ranks High for Well-Being of Kids; Improvement Needed
- Coleman Outlines Plans to Help Marketing of Former Ford Assembly Site
- Larpenteur Ave. Bridge Expected to Reopen to Traffic Wednesday
- New Brighton Home Burglarized, No Arrests
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand