Do Your Homework Before Starting Any Outdoor Projects | News
This is the time of year when people are itching to get outside and start some outdoor projects, whether it is planting, adding a fence or deck or making repairs. But before you start any projects be sure to check with the city first. Many people don't realize there are easements on their property, permit requirements and City policies that regulate what can and can't be done in certain areas.
Your first step in the project should be to check out your city website for information on building inspections and permits, easement encroachments, tree and landscaping permits and placement guidelines, and fencing policies and permits. You should also be able to find contact numbers for the various City departments that oversee these areas.
Once you have the go-ahead from the City, the next step should checking for underground utilities. You can have them marked by visiting www.gopherstateonecall.org or by calling 811 or 651-454-0002 at least 48 hours before you want to start your project.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cast of 'The Wizard of Oz' Helps Build Homes for Minnesotans
- Holiday Greeting: Petty Officer 2nd Class Stephanie Heu
- Holiday Greeting: Petty Officer 3rd Class Chong Vue
- St. Paul Police to Host Notification Meeting for Relocation of Predatory Offender
- St. Paul Makes Changes after Residents Complain about Slippery Roads