Two Lakeville South Students Advance to National Chemistry Competition | News
Two Lakeville South students were named finalists of the local chemistry Olympiad, a component of the 2012 United States National Chemistry Olympiad.
Clay Batton and Nick Heller finished in the top 14 during a Local Screening Examination. They will now test their knowledge and skills in chemistry the National Examination at the University of St. Thomas on Sunday, April 22. Approximately 1,000 students from around the country will take a three-part exam as part of the national competition. The 20 top-scoring students will attend a study camp in hopes of advancing to the International Chemistry Olympiad. Only four will be selected.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand