Two Lakeville South Students Advance to National Chemistry Competition | News
Two Lakeville South students were named finalists of the local chemistry Olympiad, a component of the 2012 United States National Chemistry Olympiad.
Clay Batton and Nick Heller finished in the top 14 during a Local Screening Examination. They will now test their knowledge and skills in chemistry the National Examination at the University of St. Thomas on Sunday, April 22. Approximately 1,000 students from around the country will take a three-part exam as part of the national competition. The 20 top-scoring students will attend a study camp in hopes of advancing to the International Chemistry Olympiad. Only four will be selected.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences