Car, School Bus Collision in Inver Grove Heights Kills at Least 3 | News
Inver Grove Heights police say three people were killed when a car and school bus collided head-on Friday.
The crash happened just before 4 p.m. on Argenta Trail at 77th Street W., just south of Hwy. 55.
Both the bus and the car were on fire when officers arrived. Police say they found "at least three" people dead in the car. No children were on the school bus at the time of the crash.
The school bus driver was not hurt, according to police.
The bus was from the Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan public school district.
The names of the victims have not been released.
The cause of the crash is unknown at this time, police say. Inver Grove Heights police and the Minnesota State Patrol are investigating the crash.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Little Canada Man Charged after Allegedly Pushing Man into Oncoming Traffic, Killing Him
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff: Ty Hoffman is Likely Using Social Media
- FBI Searches for St. Paul Armed Bank Robber
- First Day of Minnesota State Fair a Hot One
- Authorities: Man Dies after being Pushed into Path of Oncoming Car in Little Canada
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand