Car, School Bus Collision in Inver Grove Heights Kills at Least 3 | News
Inver Grove Heights police say three people were killed when a car and school bus collided head-on Friday.
The crash happened just before 4 p.m. on Argenta Trail at 77th Street W., just south of Hwy. 55.
Both the bus and the car were on fire when officers arrived. Police say they found "at least three" people dead in the car. No children were on the school bus at the time of the crash.
The school bus driver was not hurt, according to police.
The bus was from the Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan public school district.
The names of the victims have not been released.
The cause of the crash is unknown at this time, police say. Inver Grove Heights police and the Minnesota State Patrol are investigating the crash.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Woman Killed in St. Paul Motor Scooter Crash was Local Singer
- Larpenteur Ave. Bridge Reopens to Traffic Wednesday
- BBB Urges Participants to Read Fine Print When Signing up for 'Fun Runs'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand