Car, School Bus Collision in Inver Grove Heights Kills at Least 3 | News
Inver Grove Heights police say three people were killed when a car and school bus collided head-on Friday.
The crash happened just before 4 p.m. on Argenta Trail at 77th Street W., just south of Hwy. 55.
Both the bus and the car were on fire when officers arrived. Police say they found "at least three" people dead in the car. No children were on the school bus at the time of the crash.
The school bus driver was not hurt, according to police.
The bus was from the Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan public school district.
The names of the victims have not been released.
The cause of the crash is unknown at this time, police say. Inver Grove Heights police and the Minnesota State Patrol are investigating the crash.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marijuana Debate Continues with Another Capitol Rally
- Wounded Veteran Given Mortgage-Free Home in Shoreview
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'