Help "Empty Bowls for Full Bellies" Raise Money to Feed Local Children | News
District 191 is hosting “Empty Bowls for Full Bellies” and they’re looking for the support of experienced potters.
If you fit that description, you’re invited to throw bowls on the potter’s wheel on Jan 26 and Feb. 23.
Those interested in participating can stop by on both days between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Burnsville High School in the school’s clay lab (Room H108).
The school says that parking will be available in the staff parking lot on the northwest side of the building. Food, beverages and treats will be provided.
The district says creations will be sold at the April 18 Empty Bowls event. Money raised will go toward Brainpower in a Backpack which is a Burnsville High School volunteer project that provides weekend food to local elementary school children who might otherwise go hungry.
Those participating will create 600 bowls and raise more than $10,000.
For more information, contact BHS art teacher Tim Hammes at email@example.com or (952) 707-2201.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspect Dead, Officer Uninjured in St. Paul Officer-Involved Shooting
- INTERVIEW: St. Paul Saints to Play Final Games at Midway this Week
- Seniors Celebrated at Minnesota State Fair on Thursday
- Public Memorial Held Thursday for Victim of Arden Hills Gas Station Shooting
- St. Paul Council Approves Lease Dispute Settlement
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities