Help "Empty Bowls for Full Bellies" Raise Money to Feed Local Children | News
District 191 is hosting “Empty Bowls for Full Bellies” and they’re looking for the support of experienced potters.
If you fit that description, you’re invited to throw bowls on the potter’s wheel on Jan 26 and Feb. 23.
Those interested in participating can stop by on both days between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Burnsville High School in the school’s clay lab (Room H108).
The school says that parking will be available in the staff parking lot on the northwest side of the building. Food, beverages and treats will be provided.
The district says creations will be sold at the April 18 Empty Bowls event. Money raised will go toward Brainpower in a Backpack which is a Burnsville High School volunteer project that provides weekend food to local elementary school children who might otherwise go hungry.
Those participating will create 600 bowls and raise more than $10,000.
For more information, contact BHS art teacher Tim Hammes at email@example.com or (952) 707-2201.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cast of 'The Wizard of Oz' Helps Build Homes for Minnesotans
- Holiday Greeting: Petty Officer 2nd Class Stephanie Heu
- Holiday Greeting: Petty Officer 3rd Class Chong Vue
- St. Paul Police to Host Notification Meeting for Relocation of Predatory Offender
- St. Paul Makes Changes after Residents Complain about Slippery Roads