Rosemount High Band to Perform at Rose Parade | News
Rosemount High School’s marching band kicked off their Tournament of Roses experience on Friday to celebrate being selected for the 125th Rose Parade.
The school held a community pep rally in the Performing Arts Center to welcome the president of the Tournament of Roses, R. Scott Jenkins and his wife. They are visiting Rosemount to deliver the official invitation to march in the parade. The invitation will be presented at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 13 during the Drum Corps International Show at TCF Bank Stadium.
On January 1, 2014 the band will march the streets of Pasadena, Calif. to mark the celebration of the Rose Bowl, one of the biggest games in college football. Only 12 high schools were selected.
Under directors Steve Olsen, Leon Sieve and Bojan Hoover, the band has earned seven consecutive state championships and has been named Champion Parade Marching Band at the State Fair the past four years.
It is the first time in seven years a band from Minnesota has been asked to perform at the Rose Parade.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Minnesota Car Fans to Honor 'Fast and Furious' Actor Paul Walker
- United Way Reminds Minnesotans to Use 2-1-1
- Chanhassen Approves Ordinance to Reduce Sex Trafficking at Massage Businesses
- Holiday Shoppers in West Suburbs can Take Public Transportation to MOA
- Minnesota-based 3D Printer Giants Gear Up for Patent Battle