Rosemount High Band to Perform at Rose Parade | News
Rosemount High School’s marching band kicked off their Tournament of Roses experience on Friday to celebrate being selected for the 125th Rose Parade.
The school held a community pep rally in the Performing Arts Center to welcome the president of the Tournament of Roses, R. Scott Jenkins and his wife. They are visiting Rosemount to deliver the official invitation to march in the parade. The invitation will be presented at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 13 during the Drum Corps International Show at TCF Bank Stadium.
On January 1, 2014 the band will march the streets of Pasadena, Calif. to mark the celebration of the Rose Bowl, one of the biggest games in college football. Only 12 high schools were selected.
Under directors Steve Olsen, Leon Sieve and Bojan Hoover, the band has earned seven consecutive state championships and has been named Champion Parade Marching Band at the State Fair the past four years.
It is the first time in seven years a band from Minnesota has been asked to perform at the Rose Parade.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man Shot on Tom Reid's Patio in St. Paul 'Stabilized,' Suspect Arrested
- Portion of I-35E in St. Paul Closes for Bridge Removal, MnPASS Project
- Crews to Work Longer Days on Lowertown Ballpark
- Let's Play Hockey Expo at St. Paul's RiverCentre
- Expect Delays on I-35E in St. Paul, Maplewood with Left Lane Closures in March
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences