Dakota Co. Man Pleads Guilty for Criminal Vehicle Homicide | News
A Hampton, Minn., man plead guilty to criminal vehicular homicide Monday in connection to a crash that took place in November 2012.
Police determined Keri James Gesme, 27, had a blood alcohol content of .20 when he was driving with his friend Dennis Paul Underwood, 27 of Cannon Falls.
According to the criminal complaint, the truck he was driving had driven off of Highway 50, gone through the ditch and up into a driveway and then became airborne. While the car was airborne, it struck several trees and ejected Underwood and Gesme.
Gesme originally denied driving the vehicle. His family said he had been drinking since 9 that morning. The crash happened around 4 p.m.
Gesme's sentencing is scheduled for Feb. 18, 2014. A Dakota County judged ordered Gesme undergo a pre-sentence investigation and psychological evaluation.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Saints Play Final Game at St. Paul Midway Stadium
- Minnesota State Fair Enters Final Weekend
- St. Paul Police: Suspect Threw Rocks, Refused to Back Away from Officers
- Public Memorial Held for Victim of Arden Hills Gas Station Shooting
- Final Suspect Arrested in June Roseville Pawn America Robbery, Shooting
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities