Dakota Co. Man Pleads Guilty for Criminal Vehicle Homicide | News
A Hampton, Minn., man plead guilty to criminal vehicular homicide Monday in connection to a crash that took place in November 2012.
Police determined Keri James Gesme, 27, had a blood alcohol content of .20 when he was driving with his friend Dennis Paul Underwood, 27 of Cannon Falls.
According to the criminal complaint, the truck he was driving had driven off of Highway 50, gone through the ditch and up into a driveway and then became airborne. While the car was airborne, it struck several trees and ejected Underwood and Gesme.
Gesme originally denied driving the vehicle. His family said he had been drinking since 9 that morning. The crash happened around 4 p.m.
Gesme's sentencing is scheduled for Feb. 18, 2014. A Dakota County judged ordered Gesme undergo a pre-sentence investigation and psychological evaluation.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand