It's Strawberry Season in Minn. | News
It's strawberry season in Minnesota.
The state Agriculture Department says many strawberry growers in southern Minnesota and the Twin Cities metro area are ready for business and other areas will soon follow. Paul Hugunin, director of the Minnesota Grown Program, says it's shaping up to be a very good berry crop. He says it looks like the strawberries are ripening right on time and the raspberry season will come a bit earlier this year. The 2010 Minnesota Grown Directory lists 90 strawberry patches and pick-your-own farms. http://www.minnesotagrown.com
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marijuana Debate Continues with another Capitol Rally
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Lafayette Bridge Construction to Close Sections of I-94 This Weekend
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'