It's Strawberry Season in Minn. | News
It's strawberry season in Minnesota.
The state Agriculture Department says many strawberry growers in southern Minnesota and the Twin Cities metro area are ready for business and other areas will soon follow. Paul Hugunin, director of the Minnesota Grown Program, says it's shaping up to be a very good berry crop. He says it looks like the strawberries are ripening right on time and the raspberry season will come a bit earlier this year. The 2010 Minnesota Grown Directory lists 90 strawberry patches and pick-your-own farms. http://www.minnesotagrown.com
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspect Arrested in Shooting of Man on Patio at Tom Reid's in St. Paul
- Portion of I-35E in St. Paul Closes for Bridge Removal, MnPASS Project
- Crews to Work Longer Days on Lowertown Ballpark
- Let's Play Hockey Expo at St. Paul's RiverCentre
- Expect Delays on I-35E in St. Paul, Maplewood with Left Lane Closures in March
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences