Columbia Heights PD Honors Man with Citizen's Award of Commendation | People
The Columbia Heights Police Department honored a citizen Monday for his role in catching a burglar.
Robert Shanowat was recognized at the Hilltop City Council meeting for his heroic acts on June 21, 2012.
According to police, Shanowat witnessed a burglary in progress and called 911, giving detailed descriptions of the suspect vehicle and criminal activities. He also told police that the home had been set on fire.
Police were able to catch the suspect with the help of Shanowat. Because of his actions, he was given the CHPD Citizen's Award of Commendation this week.
Photo courtesy of Columbia Heights
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Man Charged with Murder after Shooting Ex-Girlfriend during Custody Dispute
- 2 Minnesotans Want Iowa City Police to Return $48K in Cash
- Franken to Tour St. Paul Public Schools' Nutrition Center, Discuss Healthy Meals
- Minnesota Kidnap Suspect Caught after Calif. Chase
- Suspect Identified in St. Paul East Side Shooting