Columbia Heights PD Honors Man with Citizen's Award of Commendation | People
The Columbia Heights Police Department honored a citizen Monday for his role in catching a burglar.
Robert Shanowat was recognized at the Hilltop City Council meeting for his heroic acts on June 21, 2012.
According to police, Shanowat witnessed a burglary in progress and called 911, giving detailed descriptions of the suspect vehicle and criminal activities. He also told police that the home had been set on fire.
Police were able to catch the suspect with the help of Shanowat. Because of his actions, he was given the CHPD Citizen's Award of Commendation this week.
Photo courtesy of Columbia Heights
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand