Employee Payout Lands Burnsville School Board in Hot Seat | Schools
Burnsville residents are planning to ask school board members to resign after it paid a quarter million dollars to a departing employee.
Tania Chance, the district's former Human Resources Director, was given $254,000 to resign.
The board says privacy laws prevent it from explaining why it made the separation agreement.
Now some residents are planning to confront the board with tough questions and possibly ask that members resign.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marijuana Debate Continues with Another Capitol Rally
- Wounded Veteran Given Mortgage-Free Home in Shoreview
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'