How a Helicopter Could Disrupt Minn. Commutes | Transportation
For some Minnesota motorists, helicopters could get in the way of the commute this week.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is warning of possible delays along Highway 169 near Belle Plaine because of a power transmission line project. Helicopters will be stringing heavy-duty transmission lines through Friday.
The lines are part of the CapX2020 project that involves 250 miles of transmission between Brookings County in South Dakota and Dakota County in Minnesota. The first part of the line is expected to be energized later in the year.
MnDOT says state troopers will be on scene and may opt to temporarily stop traffic.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Minnesota Car Fans to Honor 'Fast and Furious' Actor Paul Walker
- United Way Reminds Minnesotans to Use 2-1-1
- Chanhassen Approves Ordinance to Reduce Sex Trafficking at Massage Businesses
- Holiday Shoppers in West Suburbs can Take Public Transportation to MOA
- Minnesota-based 3D Printer Giants Gear Up for Patent Battle