How a Helicopter Could Disrupt Minn. Commutes | Transportation
For some Minnesota motorists, helicopters could get in the way of the commute this week.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is warning of possible delays along Highway 169 near Belle Plaine because of a power transmission line project. Helicopters will be stringing heavy-duty transmission lines through Friday.
The lines are part of the CapX2020 project that involves 250 miles of transmission between Brookings County in South Dakota and Dakota County in Minnesota. The first part of the line is expected to be energized later in the year.
MnDOT says state troopers will be on scene and may opt to temporarily stop traffic.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Motorcyclist Leads Troopers on High Speed Chase, Crashes in Wis.
- Protesters Call for Peace in St. Paul after Woman's Death
- St. Paul Mayor Calls for Public Discussion on Budget Gap
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand