Lightning Leads to Power Outages in Cottage Grove | Weather
A strong storm that rolled through the metro area Saturday night caused a power outage in Cottage Grove.
Cottage Grove Police Officer Matt Foucalt captured this shot of a lightning strike from the camera on his squad car. The police department posted the picture on their Facebook page. Officers say this lightning bolt strike is likely responsible for some of the power outages.
Cottage Grove Police say they responded to several alarm calls after the storm came through over the weekend.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man Posing as Fake Cop Charged in Shooting at Tom Reid's
- Dorothy Day Center Proposed Location Scrapped
- Minnesota Birds Suffering from Brutal Winter
- Minn. House Votes to Reverse Course on Law Change for Lobbyists Buying Meals for Legislators
- Man Shot on Tom Reid's Patio in St. Paul 'Stabilized,' Suspect Arrested
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences