Lightning Leads to Power Outages in Cottage Grove | Weather
A strong storm that rolled through the metro area Saturday night caused a power outage in Cottage Grove.
Cottage Grove Police Officer Matt Foucalt captured this shot of a lightning strike from the camera on his squad car. The police department posted the picture on their Facebook page. Officers say this lightning bolt strike is likely responsible for some of the power outages.
Cottage Grove Police say they responded to several alarm calls after the storm came through over the weekend.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Water Levels Remain High on Lake Minnetonka, Prior Lake
- Burglars Climb through Ceiling, Cut Walls to Steal from Waconia Verizon Store
- Sheriff: St. Bonifacius Man Linked to String of Carver Co. Burglaries
- Most Minnesota Crop Conditions Improve
- Roseville Police Look for Suspects in Pawn Shop Armed Robbery
- 16-Year-Old Helps Rescue Two Victims From St. Paul Duplex Fire
- St. Paul Schools Conducting Internal Investigation after Asst. Elem. Principal Charged
- St. Paul Woman Found Dead with Gunshot Wound Identified, 1 Arrested
- Family Faces Homelessness after Duped out of Money, Apartment
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand