Lightning Leads to Power Outages in Cottage Grove | Weather
A strong storm that rolled through the metro area Saturday night caused a power outage in Cottage Grove.
Cottage Grove Police Officer Matt Foucalt captured this shot of a lightning strike from the camera on his squad car. The police department posted the picture on their Facebook page. Officers say this lightning bolt strike is likely responsible for some of the power outages.
Cottage Grove Police say they responded to several alarm calls after the storm came through over the weekend.
Upcoming Events near Dakota County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AAA Report Shows Decline in Gas Prices from 2013
- Cone Zone: Construction Projects Kicking Off This Week
- Carver Co. Considers New Way to Keep Aquatic Invasive Species From Spreading
- Cone Zone: Lane Closures will Snarl Traffic in South Metro this Weekend
- Community Mourns Monticello Doctor who Died in Weekend Motorcycle Crash
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand